So, it turns out that trying to get a good photo of a sandwich, whilst on your own with rubbish lighting, is near impossible.
I've never used tempeh before this morning. I'd always looked at it, in health food shops but I always thought it looked a bit daunting. "Give me tofu any day" I used to think because I knew where I was with good old tofu, but actually, I think I prefer this! The tempeh I used to assemble this ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS sandwich (don't worry, i'm not claiming this to be a recipe) was smoked and salty - hence the bacon reference, but i'm excited to try some plain tempeh soon and mix it up a bit. I'd say if you haven't tried it, then go for it. Don't be scared like I was! If you use it already, i'd love to hear what you do with it.
TEMPEH BLT ON TOASTED SOURDOUGH
- 2 - 3 slices of tempeh
- 2 slices of beef tomato
- a handful of baby spinach leaves
- vegan mayo (I use Chippa, my favourite)
- 2 slices of a good sourdough
- Toast your sourdough at the same time that you're frying your tempeh, as they'll take similar times, the simply build your sandwich!
- That was easy, wasn't it.
- I know you don't need to be told how to make a sandwich, but what else was I meant to put here.