It's 2:30 in the afternoon, it's pissing it down with rain and that cup of tea has your name on it. You are also seconds away from collapsing, in a post-lunch heap on your sofa/desk/toddler. Do you; A) Open a pack of Jaffa Cakes and inhale the lot? B) Reach for the rice cakes, with the enthusiasm of someone eating cardboard? or C) Settle down with said cuppa and one of these Cocoa + Turmeric Energy bites?
You know it makes sense, people!
These little beauties will curb that sugar craving until it's wine o'clock, give you a little energising lift and won't break the bank because you don't need 4 hundred bloody Medjool Dates to make them (thanks to Deliciously Ella I had to remortgage my home). Plus, they've got turmeric in them, because well, what hasn't these days?!
COCOA & TURMERIC ENERGY BALLS
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup seedless raisins
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of ground black pepper
- Place the ground almonds, raisins and pumpkin seeds in a food processor and pulse until the pumpkin seeds and raisins have broken down to small pieces but not totally blitzed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until combined.
- Remove the mixture and roll into small balls and place on a baking tray. The mixture should make about 15-20 depending on their size.
- Place in a fridge for a couple of hours to firm up slightly. Keep in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to a week.