I think this might be the last recipe I managed to save before my blog went pop and I'm sharing because it's a goody! It's quick and simple, fills the kitchen with a wonderful smell and tastes delicious. I've actually got one baking in the oven as I type, which will go down lovely after the school-run, alongside a bucket of tea - it's blowing a hooley out there! Blummin' February...
Banana & Polenta Loaf Cake
- 3 eggs
- 2 over ripe bananas - mashed
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 100ml coconut oil / light olive oil
- 1 cup SR flour
- 1 cup polenta
- maple syrup for brushing (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 170c / 325f / gm3.
- In a large bowl whisk together your eggs, mashed bananas and sugar. Slowly add the coconut oil and sift in the flour. Add the polenta & mix well.
- Pour into a greased loaf tin (or silicone equivalent) and bake in the middle of the oven for 45 - 50 minutes.
- Once open, transfer to a cooling rack & brush with a little maple syrup (optional, but I like the sheen it gives!) and leave to cool.
- Slice and enjoy :)