When I found this Kimchi in my local health food shop, I was giddy! I've made batches myself, but getting hold of the exact ingredients is sometimes tricky, so for ease this is perfect. Straight away, I had a hearty mouthful (obviously) then I got to thinking about the first dish I could share with you guys. As the next meal coming up was breakfast, it had to be this. I think this is best served on a lovely slice of toasted sourdough like most things in life, but if bread isn't your thing, a big bowl of this on it's own will set you up right for the day.
All together now... GO PROBIOTICS!! *insert strong-man arm emjoi here*
Kale & Kimchi Scrambled Eggs (serves 2)
- Coconut Oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp Kimchi
- Large handful of Kale, stems removed and chopped (Spinach is good too)
- Sourdough to toast, optional
- Heat your coconut oil over a medium heat in a non-stick pan. Whilst this is heating, whisk your eggs together, really well until they are totally combined.
- Add your egg mixture to the pan, and once the eggs start to cook, immediately add your kimchi and stir to combine.
- Keep moving your eggs around the pan, and when almost done, add your kale, stirring until it's wilted by which time your eggs should be done. I like my eggs only just cooked through, but if you like them done a bit more then cook a little longer.
- Serve with your toast and a big crunch of black pepper. YUM!