So, Day 1 of trying to revive some of my old recipes. I'm starting with these Sweet Potato Brownies because they are so delicious and absolutely perfect for this time of year, when it's blowing a gale out and you just want to make a brew and settle down with something sweet.
Sweet Potato Brownies (makes 10)
- 600g sweet potatoes
- 14 medjool dates
- 2/3 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 4 tbsp raw cacao
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c (350f, GM4) and peel and chop your sweet pots into chunks before steaming them for about 20 mins, until totally soft, right through.
- Blitz the cooked potatoes with the pitted dates in a food processor until you get a thick sticky mixture, set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the almonds, brown rice flour, cacao, cinnamon and salt before adding the date and potato mixture. Pour in the maple syrup and stir everything together really well to fully combine.
- Place onto a large baking dish, lined with greaseproof paper and bake for 20 mins, before testing the middle of the bake with a skewer. If it doesn't come out dry, bake for another 5 mins.
- Remove from the hot dish and allow it to cool for AT LEAST 15 minutes so it sticks together and firms up as it does.
- Once cooled, cut into 10 brownies.