It's been ages since I posted a good old slaw recipe, which is weird as it's up there for me in terms of food from the gods! I love salads & I go mad over raw pickled cabbage and because this slaw is a combination of those two, with the added bonus of some beautiful Summery flavours, it's very delicious. This slaw is a creamy one, but because it's made with natural yoghurt instead of mayonnaise, it's that little bit lighter. The fresh herby flavours running through it, with the added kick of lime makes it the prefect slaw to sit along side anything. I had some inside my favourite Portobello burger and the kids had theirs alongside some spicy chicken skewers, but I'm sure it would go with any thing BBQ related.
This recipe is a collaboration with M&S Food. All the ingredients are available from M&S stores.
Lime Green Slaw
Ingredients (Serves 6 - 8)
- 1 large savoy cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium white onions, finely sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, de-seeded & finely slice
- 2 fresh green chillies, de-seeded & finely slice
- 1 granny smith apple, cored & cut into match sticks
- 1 large bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 large bunch mint, leaves chopped
- 100 ml plain natural yogurt
- 2 limes, zest & juice of
- 1/2 - 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp - 1 tsp sugar
- In a large bowl, mix together the cabbage, onions, bell pepper, green chillies, apple and herbs. Sprinkle over a pinch of salt and squeeze over the juice of one lime. Mix again & set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, lime zest and remaining juice, 1/2 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp sugar. Mix together & season with remaining salt / sugar to taste.
- Pour over cabbage mixture and mix well to fully combine. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.