This is my favourite, quick & simple summer salad. It's fresh & zingy & because of the protein factor that is provided by the quinoa, it's pretty much a meal in itself. That said, it does go really well with some grilled Halloumi or indeed any BBQ-ing situation.
Yay for Summer and yay for another month of #getyoursaladon - Lucy what are you up to?!
Summer Quinoa Tabbouleh
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (red works best here)
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, peeled & quartered
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 large handful of chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 small handful of chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 lemon, zest grated
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- Extra salt & pepper to season
- In a large bowl, mix together your cooked quinoa, cherry toms, cucumber, red onion, parsley & mint. Season with a little salt & pepper set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil and salt. Whisk well to fully combine before adding to the salad.