I surprise myself with this blog, I really do.
Take this for example; the girl (me) who claims she doesn't really do breakfast, goes ahead and posts three consecutive breakfast posts (here, here and here). The same girl (me again, hi!) once wrote a really long (and equally thrilling) blog post about how she hated kidney beans, then went on to blog this kidney bean burger recipe the following week. And now, that very girl (you get the picture - it's me) is about to post her 4th chocolate based recipe in as many weeks after claiming that she wasn't 'mad keen' on it. And, on top that off, it's breakfast related.
I don't know either. What can I say apart from it's hot out there & i'm British.
Vegan Chocolate & Banana Milk
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder (cocoa will do but you'll probably want an extra tbsp)
- 1 tsp raw honey / maple syrup / agave
- 1 cup cold un-sweetned almond milk
- 1 tsp maca root powder (optional)
- In a food processor / blender, whizz together the dates & banana into a smooth paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whizz for about 2 minutes until you have a thick frothy milkshake.