Salted beet chips, because they're so pretty and they taste amazing. There are loads of variations of veg chip / crisp recipes out there, but this one is the one I like the most. It's simple to prep, simple to season & very easy to eat (like we have a problem eating crisps all of a sudden). The golden beets work well, and my kiddos preferred the taste of them, but I always want to take them out of the oil a little early so they don't burn, so I never let them crisp up enough. However, the red beets - well they are perfect for the job and covered with sea-salt are super moorish - they literally lasted minutes!
Salted Beet Chips
- 4 - 5 beetroot's (various colours if preferred), peeled & thinly sliced
- Vegetable oil for frying
- sea salt
- After peeling & slicing each beet, lay them on some kitchen paper and pat dry.
- In a medium sized saucepan heat your oil over a high heat. When hot add the beet slices. You'll need to do this in batches probably, as to not over crowd the pan.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes, or until they look crisp enough & remove with a slotted spoon.
- Place on paper towels and leave to cool.
- When cooled, transfer to bowl and sprinkle with salt.