Ok, so this is a bit of a weird way to open a food post, but I hate to bake. There, I said it (again). I don't know if it's because we inherited our oven from the previous owners and it's a bit crap (they didn't leave it because it was the best oven in the world, did they now?) or just because the whole process is so exact and regimented. I find the fact that you do a little bit, then have to wait sometimes up to an hour to see a result, really, really frustrating. I'm an impatient soul by nature, something I wrote about briefly in 2012 (whilst posting photo's of food with god-awful graphics), so I like to see results fast! I guess that's why salads are my favourite thing ever, and why hob-top cooking appeals so much.
So, where's she going with today's dose of inane babble you may be asking yourself at this point? Well, I made you a cakey loaf type thing. A banana & polenta cakey loaf type thing, to be exact. AND it wasn't rubbish! Hurrah. It's semi sweet and it's fairly dense, and when cooled goes insanely well with a big spread of salted butter (says's she who isn't meant to eat too much dairy - ssssshhhh)!
Hope you like :)
Banana & Polenta Loaf
- 3 eggs
- 2 over ripe bananas - mashed
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 100ml coconut oil / light olive oil
- 1 cup SR flour
- 1 cup polenta
- Maple syrup for brushing (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 170c / 325f / gm3.
- In a large bowl whisk together your eggs, mashed bananas and sugar. Slowly add the coconut oil and sift in the flour. Add the polenta & mix well.
- Pour into a greased loaf tin (or silicone equivalent) and bake in the middle of the oven for 45 - 50 minutes.
- Once open, transfer to a cooling rack & brush with a little maple syrup (optional, but I like the sheen it gives!) and leave to cool.
- Slice and enjoy :)
You're welcome ;)