Is it still February? Just? Phew! Then here is my second salad of the year, just in time. This is a lovely warm and comforting salad with just enough zing to keep it fresh tasting. Halloumi is one of my most favourite cheeses, and it's the one way that I can guarantee I'll get a salad down my kids necks ;)
So, c'mon #getyoursaladon
Warm Halloumi Salad with Chick Peas & Lime
Ingredients (makes two main salads):
- 100g green beans, washed & trimmed
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 lime, juice & zest
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red chilli, deseeded & finely sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 70g rocket leaves
- 225g halloumi, sliced (light works well)
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the beans in a pan of boiling water for approx 2 minutes before adding the chick peas. Cook together for another minute, or until the beans are just tender.
- Meanwhile, make your dressing by whisking the lime juice, lime zest, sliced chilli and 3tbsp of the olive oil. Season to taste and set aside.
- Drain your beans and chickpeas and return to the pan. Immediately pour over the dressing and toss to combine.
- Next up, in a small bowl cover your sliced onion wedges with boiling water to soften - leave for about 5 minutes before draining and stirring into the bean mixture along with the tomatoes and rocket. Toss to combine every thing together, before dividing between two large salad bowls.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over a medium to high heat. When hot, add your halloumi and fry for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden.
- Add to the salad & serve.
Enjoy and be sure to check out our January Salads #getyoursaladon
Lucy made a Blood orange, Mozzarella & Radicchio Salad with Sourdough Croutonswhilst I made aKale & Quinoa Salad with Pomegranate, Apple & Feta- both deelish!