My new favourite things are almonds. I like them best when they are roasted & salted and by the bucket load. They are so good, and providing you don't
eat them by the bucket load, they are really very good for you.
I've been making them a few different ways but this is a lovely spicy version which is as easy as ABC. This recipe quite frankly is (wait for it) THE NUTS!
Boom! I'm back!
For 2 cups of almonds you will need:
- 1 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt (or 1 tsp sea salt)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- olive oil
- 2 cups almonds, skins on
And you will need to do this:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350f/180c/gm4 and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
2. In a small bowl, combine your spices, mix well & set aside.
3. In a medium bowl coat your almonds in the olive oil, making sure you use just enough so they are all covered.
4. Sprinkle over your spice mix, and mix well. 5. Spread evenly over the baking sheet and roast for approx 10 minutes, shaking a couple of times. 6. Cool before serving then enjoy!