Yesterday was cinco de mayo & although I'm neither Mexican or living anywhere close to Mexico, I am as you know a massive fan of Mexican food so i wanted to celebrate the holiday too! I'm not going to lie and say the temptation to sit drinking margaritas all day long in my sunny garden wasn't pretty high but I do have three small(ish) children to look after so instead TACOS it was.
Well it had to be really, didn't it...
I'd already made a similar version to this earlier in the week but these Spring Tacos are so good that we wanted them again. The chicken is rubbed with spices & lemon juice and griddled making these super healthy too. Serve with some spicy jalepeno sauce and some fat free natural yougurt & you'll be laughing all the way to skinny town. Mmmmm.
Feliz Cinco de Mayo!
You will need (serves 4):
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsbp fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp paprika
- 4 chicken breasts, halved
- olive oil spray
- 8 - 12 small tortillas
- Natural yogurt and spicy jalepeno sauce to serve
And you will need to do this:
1. First up, make your rub by combining the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, coriander & paprika in a medium sized bowl. Stir well to mix thoroughly.
2. Cover your chicken breasts with the rub, front & back.
3. Heat a griddle pan over a high heat & spray with olive oil spray.
4. When hot add your chicken. Cook for approx 5 - 6 minutes on each side until cooked through. You may need to turn a couple more times to stop it from burning so just keep an eye on it.
5. When cooked, remove from the heat and slice into bite size pieces.
6. Gather your sides and serve...