This is another recipe I've managed to salvage from the most disastrous month of my blogging life (see here and then here). My kids go absolutely nuts for this recipe (see what I did there? Nuts... PEAnuts. Oh, never mind) and they love to help make them.
These are perfect for parties, weekend snacking and also gifting to friends. They are super-easy, no bake little delights and they are perfect for getting the kids in the kitchen. Yes, the recipe calls for golden syrup, and it's more sugar heavy than I remember it being (actually, possible the most unhealthiest recipe i've ever posted, ha!) but every now and then doesn't hurt, does it? Hence the word TREAT.
Peanut Butter Krispies
Ingredients (makes 16):
- 1 cup golden syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups salted peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups rice krispies
- Line a large baking pan with greaseproof paper.
- Place the syrup and sugars in a large saucepan over a medium heat and stir well to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil then remove from the heat.
- Stir through the peanut butter and mix well before stirring through the vanilla and rice krispies.
- Spread onto the lined pan and allow to cool completely before slicing.